Meals on Wheels by ACC serves seniors 60 years of age or better throughout the local area. Meals on Wheels helps keep seniors in their homes and communities by providing nutritious meals, safety net services, social contact, community resource information and much more. On average over 2,000 seniors participate in our programs in each weekday.
- Menus are developed by a Registered Dietitian for healthy nutrition.
- Home delivered meals to homebound seniors in Sacramento and west Placer Counties.
- Community locations where seniors can join together and dine with others.
- Socialization and safety net services.
- Nutrition education and senior resource information.
Rancho Cordova’s Whisker Warriors Support the AniMeals Program - Meals on Wheels’ AniMeals program supplements pet food to over 200 participants feeding nearly 400 cats and dogs. The Rancho Cordova Whisker Warriors joined our efforts to support homebound seniors and their pets. The Whisker warriors have donated over 800 pounds of dog … Continue reading
Fall Prevention Awareness Week • SEPTEMBER 22-29, 2015 - Mark your calendars! Participate at the Stop Falls Sacramento event, sponsored by Sutter Roseville Medical Center, Kaiser Permanente Trauma Service, Mercy San Juan Medical Center, and UC Davis Medical Center. Free fall risk screening services and educational resources: Including multi-sensory balance assessment, medication … Continue reading
New Blog Posts