Volunteer drivers deliver meals to seniors who are homebound due to illness, recovery, or disability. As a delivery driver, you are the direct contact between isolated seniors and the program. In addition to delivering nutritious meals, you can meet and socialize with seniors, brightening their day and helping them feel connected to their communities.
Volunteers use their own vehicles to pick up meals from one of five sites, and generally be available at least one day a week Monday through Friday between the hours of 9AM and Noon. Some afternoon routes are available.
Pick-up sites for home-delivered meal routes are located in Citrus Heights, Elk Grove, Folsom, Galt, Rancho Cordova and on Harlin Drive near the Rosemont area.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Able to volunteer a 2-3 hour period of time 2-4 times a month
- Possess a reliable vehicle to pick up and deliver meals at local pick-up sites (mileage reimbursement available) and have a cell phone for route communication
- Possess a current California driver’s license, automobile insurance coverage and a clean DMV record, as well as demonstrate safe driving skills
- Ability to read maps, use a GPS and/or have a good sense of direction.
- Complete our application and pass a background check
Training is provided, and drivers can request reimbursement for delivery route mileage. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator.