Volunteering as a group is both a rewarding experience and a good teambuilding exercise. Employee groups, clubs, youth and adult organizations, churches and others can participate on a pre-scheduled basis to tackle some of our bigger tasks.
To make custom arrangements for your group, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator.
Example Group Projects
- Meal Preparation & Packaging
- Sacramento State Alternative Break: Sac State students spent two days of their 2011 spring break working in the central kitchen, helping to prepare and package the many meal items that make up a senior meal. To view a slideshow of their hard work, click here.
- Some of our other kitchen volunteer groups have included Intel, FIJI Water, Vision Service Plan, Coventry Health Care, State Street, and UC Davis Alpha Phi Omega
- Recreational Activities
- For example: a music group performance at a congregate meal center
- Tel-A-Friend “Teams”
- Each member of your group will call their senior friend once a week, or at another scheduled interval, for a friendly chat and to check in on their wellbeing. The estimated time commitment is up to 2 hours per week for at least 6 months. A convenient time will be arranged between the volunteer and the senior, and calls can be made from the office or from home.