Office volunteers help keep everything running smoothly. Deliveries and café sites would not be able to operate without coordination by the office, and office volunteers help us complete the necessary steps and tasks to ensure the program’s successful operation.
The Meals on Wheels by ACC office is open from 7:30AM until 4:00PM Monday through Friday. Volunteers can commit to a few hours each day, week, or more. Training is provided.
Typical office assignments include:
- Receptionist: answer and direct phone calls, provide basic program information, and greet and direct visitors.
- Clerical: word processing, make photocopies, assist with mailing projects, and other clerical activities.
- Data Entry: input volunteer and participant details into our database, and input hand-written survey results into our survey software.
- Outreach: create posters and leaflets, create displays for and/or represent MoW at fairs and exhibits, take photographs, make videos, and correspond with organizations such as local media or schools.
- Special Activities & Assignments can also be arranged for both short- and long-term, based on skills interests and availability.
Clerical and marketing skills can be helpful, but they are not a requirement to volunteer.
Special Project Volunteers
Volunteers are needed for special projects that arise. Projects tend to be short-term and have irregular hours, making them perfect for people who want to volunteer during evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
Example Special Projects
- Planning events and MoW booths
- Represent Meals on Wheels by ACC at exhibits and fairs
- Make special meal items for holidays
- Help at evening/weekend activities and events
To find out more about current projects, please see the Volunteer Calendar or contact the Volunteer Coordinator.