Volunteers are an important part of helping seniors with their nutritional needs. Volunteers are needed to deliver meals to senior homes, provide lunch services at our 23 All Seasons Cafés, support kitchen operations and for many other important service activities.
The orientation and training helps you identify what volunteer opportunity fits your interests, skills and availability, and teaches you everything you will need for a rewarding volunteer experience.
Before receiving a regular volunteer assignment, volunteers should complete an orientation/training seminar, which covers volunteer opportunities more in-depth and topics such as food safety. Orientations are generally held on the first and third Wednesdays of the month at 10:00 a.m.
To register for the next orientation or for more information, please contact us.
What You Will Learn
The seminar helps volunteers learn about the organization and gain valuable training so that you can make the most of your volunteer time.
- The purpose and mission of Meals on Wheels by ACC
- Information about Meals on Wheels programs and activities
- Current volunteer opportunities and an overview of expectations, policies and procedures
- Food Temperature and Safety Training
- Body Mechanics and Safe Lifting
- Protected Health Information and Privacy
- Elder Abuse Information and Mandated Reporting
- Whistleblower Policy
The orientation also gives you the chance to ask questions, fill out applications and learn your next steps in serving seniors through Meals on Wheels.