Seniors in Sacramento and western Placer Counties received a special holiday delivery last week. Drivers distributed hundreds of gifts that were generously donated by individuals and organizations in our community. The heartwarming gifts included items such as: fuzzy blankets, personal care bags, slippers, warm socks, bath robes, handmade cards/placemats, non-perishable foods, flowers, treats for pets and much more! These gifts brightened the holidays and provided a sense of community for many of our isolated elders. We are grateful for all the kindness shared with our Meals on Wheels seniors this holiday season.
The special holiday gifts were donated by:
- Home Instead Senior Care® donated 150 special gift bags) for seniors who otherwise might not receive a gift this holiday season-for the 8th year!
- Janie Felkins and the AT&T Pioneers continued their 20 year holiday tradition-and donated 81 wonderful holiday stockings.
- Ms. Truong of Elk Grove kindly donated 35 special gift bags and personal care kits.
- In Placer County, Tricia Post, Craig Falk and Julie Thornton (Roseville Optometry Associates) for donating 160 cheerful stockings
- Marengo Ranch Elementary 1st and 2nd Graders in Galt created 125 joyful holiday placemats and raised $200 for the Meals on Wheels program.
- Kohler Kids Service Club made bunches of sweet holiday ornaments to share.
- Inner Wheel Club of East Sacramento graciously donated 204 cozy throw blankets
- All For You Home Care hosted a socks for seniors drive and donated 1,021 warm and fuzzy socks this holiday
- Citrus Heights S.O.A.R neighborhood group donated 28 gift and food bags for senior and their pets.
- Intel volunteers signed up to lend a much needed hand and helped deliver 225 of the donated gifts this year.
Thank you for the wonderful donations-and for brightening the holidays for us all!
See more holiday photos on our Facebook!