Volunteers help in many areas and often choose to volunteer for one of the opportunities below. If you have special interests, skills or other ideas for volunteering, please feel free to contact us. You have your own unique skill set, and we value your knowledge and expertise.
Training is provided for all volunteer positions. Please contact the Volunteer Services Specialist for more information.
- Delivery Drivers Detailed Description delivers meals to homebound seniors’ homes, and provide social interaction and a friendly face. Routes typically consist of 5 to 10 visits. Drivers are vital in helping homebound seniors maintain their independence and health. Due to the sheer number of our participants, there is always a need for more delivery drivers. DRIVERS DESPERATELY NEEDED!
- Meal Runners Detailed Description ride along with volunteer drivers, helping to deliver meals to homebound seniors’ homes. They help the drivers with navigation and by “running” meals to seniors’ doors. It is a fun opportunity to work as a team and enjoy the company of your fellow volunteers.
- All Seasons Café Volunteers Detailed Description assist at the All Seasons Cafés, set-up the dining area, register participants, serve lunch, socialize and clean up. We also need volunteers to provide recreational activities like music and bingo at some of our sites.
- Office Volunteers Detailed Description are needed to help with program promotional activities, office support and volunteer recruitment efforts.
- Tel-A-Friend Volunteers Detailed Description brighten the day of our seniors through regular phone calls to those who are homebound or in need of some extra support. Volunteers provide friendly conversation through regular phone calls.
- Group Volunteer Projects Detailed Description are available for groups of volunteers who would like to work together on a special project. Employee groups, clubs, youth and adult organizations, churches and others can participate on a pre-scheduled basis at a meal site or at the central kitchen.
- Group Sponsored Projects Detailed Description Allow groups to sponsor and conduct their own activities, such as food drives, to support Meals on Wheels. For example, for Thanksgiving, SMUD Employees Association assembled Thanksgiving Bags for our participants.
- Volunteer Internships Detailed Description are available on a case-by-case basis and can be customized to fit your individual situation and course objectives.